Sevylor (owned by Outdoors Camping company Coleman) focuses on making outdoor inflatables such as floaties as well as inflatable boats and inflatable kayaks. In fact they have been making them since 1949! The Sevylor Quikpak K1 is a great casual recreational kayak that is great for getting in and out of the water with.
Sevylor Quikpak K1 Features
- Includes Easy Carry Backpack
- Bungee Storage
- Hand Pump
- Middle Cup Holder (Hey!)
- Multiple position foot rests
- Seat and backrest
- Double lock valves
- Twenty One gauge PVC Construction
Sevylor Quikpak K1 Review: Features Analysis
|Sevylor Quikpak K1||8 Feet 7 Inches||3 Feet||16.5 Lbs||400 Lbs||$|
If you really want something that does not take up hardly any room, weighs less than 20 lbs and want to have a very casual lake paddle you get the Sevylor Quikpak K1! The Quikpak K1 is really the a hybrid between a floatie and a kayak. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as many people don’t want to lug a 30 lb inflatable kayak for a few hours of fun.I will say that for a hybrid between a kayak and pool floatie it is very durable! What highlights this kayak though is the fact that it is easy to get in and out of the water! It also has a little bit of room at the stern of the kayak to put a small lunch cooler or other smaller miscellaneous things.
If you are looking for cheap on water performance however it is best to look else where. The Sevylor Quikpak K1 does not come with a tracking skeg. This makes it more maneuverable but if you are looking for any tracking at all I would look at other models. Instances which I could see the Quikpak being useful is when you are out on the lake with friends who have floaties and are having a leisurely time floating and drinking liquids.
- Comes with everything you need to get out on the water including paddle, quickpack, pump and backpack
- Great for a leisurely float
- Made of Durable Twenty One Gauge PVC Construction
- Has solid Stability
- The extra air chambers are a bonus incase one of them bursts
- Very Little Performance to this kayak whatsoever
- The cost for what you get is higher than the higher performance Intex Inflatable Kayaks
- The Paddle is low quality
- Not recommended for rougher waters whatsoever
- Hardly any room for gear or cargo
What Customers Say
The positives about the Quikpak K1 is that it is a very durable and stable kayak. Many Heavier people really seemed to like it because of it’s completely open design and it’s fairly comfortable seat. Others stated how easy it was to set up as some customers were even able to set up the Quikpak in under 5 minutes!
Most of the critical reviews come at the expense of this Quickpak K1’s on water performance. There is no Skeg so paddling longer distances would be pretty difficult. Others have had some bad experiences with rougher waters as you can’t have a lot of control with this kayak so basically you’re a passenger.
Last Updated on